Sunday 28 July 2013

Di Palma's - Melbourne - 688 High Street, Kew East

I have never been to or heard of Di Palmas which is an institution to many.

When I told people that I was going, some likened it to Sofia's in Camberwell.

This is certainly no Sofia's cos the food here is actually very good.

I ordered the crumbed veal with a lovely potato and mint and pea salad. The crust was flavoursome and the veal cooked very well. The salad was a pleasantly surprising touch.

The fella ordered duck cooked 2 ways. The leg was cooked beautifully but the breast was a tad overlooked, I mean overcooked. Although the pear sauce was very good.

The pizzas around the table looked good.

A good comfortable fail-safe suburban restaurant with a menu that pleases.

Great service too.

Around $40 per head.

7/10
Di Palma's on Urbanspoon
Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment