Sunday 7 October 2012

Cumulus Inc - Melbourne - 45 Flinders Lane, Melbourne

I can't tell you how many times I have been to Cumulus Inc. I know the menu inside out, back to front and upside down. I have been to this restaurant as much as I have watched Dirty Dancing - now that is a lot, I am not embarrased to tell you. I know the story and I know how it's going to end.
There is no baby in the corner but there are loads of merry patrons in the corner waiting for a table happy to wait 45 minutes.

The oysters are not the best around town, so I always give these a miss.

But looking at the remainder of the menu, I always have hungry eyes.

I usually start with the octpus, Oritz sardines, foie gras parfait, some cured meats, the freekah salad and then a main or two.

Everything here is very good. Many people also go for the lamb shoulder but I reckon mine is just as good so I think you should leave space to try as many of the other dishes as possible.

The atmosphere is kind of artsy and the service to always efficient.

I have had some fantastic desserts here, like pear in sauterne butter and a deconstructed mandarine with chocolate soil. Others sometimes are not so fantastic but still good enough.

I love this place and it is great for breakfast too. Try the egg cooked for 70 minutes with sorrel and trout -eggscellent.

Wine list is great and enough variety for all budgets.

She's not like the wind on your pocket, expect to pay around $70-$100 buck depending but you will always have the time of your life.

7.5/10
Cumulus Inc. on Urbanspoon
Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment