Sunday 16 September 2012

MoVida Aqui - Melbourne - Lvl 1 500 Bourke Street, Melbourne

A nice Spring day in Melbourne, blue skies, sunshine - there is no better way to spend an hour during the working day than out on the terrace at Movida Aqui.

Sure it is only an hour but it does makes the afternoon more palatable than scoffing down a sandwich at your desk or, for others like me, in the office kitchen.

Movida Aqui is a Spanish tapas bar.  This place has a buzzy vibe about it and a feel of cool well-to-dos.

We started with the anchovie on a crouton with a smoked tomatoe sorbet which was tasty but did not blow me away.

The remaining dishes were all meaty as one of my friends doesn't do seafood. So between three of us we shared the slow braised beef with perdo ximenex on a cauliflower puree, quail with a duck liver parfait and pork belly with chickpeas.

Overall everything was cooked very well but I did find the dishes a bit too rich for lunch personally.

Perhaps if we tried the seafood options, it may have felt different - I don't know.

But this is nowhere near as good as Movida Next Door which to me has the best tapas in Melbourne - hands down below zero.

I will try this place again for dinner with seafood.

$35 each with no wine (work policy)

7/10

MoVida Aqui  on Urbanspoon
Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment