Sunday 18 March 2012

Taiwan Cafe - Melbourne - 273 Swanston Street, Melbourne

Looking for a cheap but tasty place to eat - Taiwan Cafe is the one.

Don't worry that the staff don't know what style of wine the house white is or that you may not get chopsticks when the food is at the table, this is a place where you feel like you can eat almost everything on the menu.

I ate pork dumplings which were kind of gyoza-style. Juicy and well-herbed in the centre and crispy on the outside.

I also tried the minced pork with rice, absolutely moorish. You know, I love minced pork Chinese style and now I can add Taiwanese to my list.

My friend had kung po chicken which was nutty with a good amount of chilli.

And you look around the place and you feel like you want to come back and try everyone else's meal.

Around $40 for two people, including a $20 bottle of wine. Good value my friends and a great alternative to cheap Chinese or Vietnamese for lunch or a late Friday night meal.

Taiwan Cafe on Urbanspoon
7/10

Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment