Tuesday 1 November 2011

Sukhothai - Melbourne - 490 High Street, Northcote

I felt a bit lonely Monday night before Cup Day.  I felt like the only person wanting a great meal before a public holiday. Obviously other people had other things on their mind like races and being fashionable on the field. Nothing was open.

My friend thought she heard Sukhothai in Northcote was good. To be honest, I think she heard wrong. But it was the only local place open so we ventured out.

The menu looked quite good. The specials were quite artfully explained - barramundi with young ginger, soy and shallots and beef massaman cooked for hours in a mutlitide of amazing spices.

The fish was overflavoured, the meat did not melt in my mouth and the chicken curry was made with chicken breast.

Overall an OK meal at around $45 per head, including a glass of wine each. But maybe a good place for takeaway.

5/10
Sukhothai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment